Saturday, February 25, 2012

Eating in the Parks...Part Two! Have a seat!

I am anxiously counting down my next trip to The Happiest Place on Earth!  We are heading there in May and will be there over Mother's Day weekend.  One sad point about our upcoming visit is that my absoulute FAVORITE restaraunt will be closed.  I thought of saving this place as my last restaraunt on this post, but it is so fabulous I believe it deserves to be mentioned first...  The Carnation Cafe! 

The Carnation Cafe will re-open in time for the busy summer season.  When they re-open they will feature both indoor and outdoor seating.  Reservations are highly recommended if you don't want to wait a while. This is a must visit cafe for their loaded baked potato soup.  I also love their chicken croissant sandwich, their salads and shepherd's pie.  The kids love the make-your-own peanut butter paint pallete.  If you are visiting, like we are, during the renovation visit the Jolly Holiday Bakey and Cafe where they may be serving a few of the favorites.  One other unique opportunity at the Carnation Cafe is to take a picture with Oscar Martinez.  He is the longest tenured cast member at the Disneyland Resort.  57 years and counting. 
Ok, enough about the fabulous Carnation Cafe, there are also some other great options.  Another one of our favorites is The Plaza Inn.  They have delicious fried chicken and delectable pot roast.  One thing I love about The Plaza Inn is their portion sizes!!!  We can purchase one meal for each adult and have enough food to share with our kids and not have to buy them their own meal.  If your kids are older, you can still save a bit of money by buying one meal to split between them.  Also, you can't pass up the delicious desserts at The Plaza Inn.  The French Market has some good Pot Roast and Chicken dinners as well at a good price (considering you are in Disneyland)The last favorite sit down place is Rancho del Zocalo.  This place serves up some delicious Mexican food in good portion sizes at a decent price.  Stay tuned for my next post, which will help you get some good ideas on character dining and World of Color dining options. 

5 comments:

  1. I love all your tips!! I am taking notes while I read:) We will be there in June!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jenn! I can't believe you are going again without me!!! Have a great time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that we get to go with you this go around. It is going to be AMAZING! I love reading your blog! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks sis! We are excited to go with you as well...FINALLY!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny that I live here in California and still never been to Disneyland! Hopefully soon we'll make it down there. I just want my picture with Mickey Mouse!

    ReplyDelete