Thursday, January 12, 2012

Mommy, I want that!

I am sure any of you who have visited Disneyland with your children hear them say "I want that!" There is no question that the park is set up with merchandise around every corner and smartly advertised to make kids want it all.  Now, I am not going to claim that I have found a way to stop my kids from saying those adorable little words, but I have found a solution for a fun, inexpensive souvenir that also keeps the children busy and entertained as they wait in the long lines of Fantasyland.  Drum roll please...PIN TRADING!  I am sure that you are thinking that this is not all that inexpensive, but it can be.  Before our last Disneyland trip in October we ordered a large amount of trading pins off of ebay.  Because we don't care about collecting anything specific the set of 50 pins was a mismatched assortment that only cost $30 with free shipping.  This gave each kid about 15 pins (we shared with other kids that were there).  When we arrived at the park we bought each kid their own lanyard and one special pin that they picked out.  (A total of about $15 per kid).  My kids are age 5 and 8 and they loved it!  If you are not aware the "cast members" at the Disneyland Resort have to trade pins. The kids would get so excited to go up to cast members and look at their pins.  My son made it a goal to collect anything with Chip n' Dale or Mickey on it.  While my daughter had a great time finding many different Princess and Minnie Mouse pins.  I am certain that this pin trading will only keep them entertained for a few more years as we visit the park but for now it is a great way for them to have a little fun and save a little money!

No comments:

Post a Comment